Thursday, January 26, 2012

Snapshots of Hong Kong

Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday were holidays for Chinese New Year. But it's now Thursday and I'm not at work. Why? Apparently the feng shui calendar declared that today is not an auspicious day to return to work, so we don't have to go in until tomorrow - at 11 no less! (that being the optimal time to begin work in the new year). I'm not a religious or superstitious person, but giving me an extra day off is a good way to gain my sympathies. I'm now a believer.

So I'm taking my extra day off to clean out the photos on my phone. Here are a few random shots:

Hair falling out? Try this "Anti-Hair Fall shampoo" - endorsed by Jackie Chan!


Corn chocolate. Do not want.


Just a dragon getting on a minibus:


A huge banner hanging in Central - "Drug Driving may be Your Journey to Death." Never fails to raise my spirits.


Heh. Heh heh heh.


And these two had just wandered out of the KFC in the mall next door:


Kung Hei Fat Choi, again!


2 comments:

  1. "Dragon getting on a minibus" is a brilliant picture--pretty much Hongkers in a nutshell, isn't it? Big Sheet always gives me a giggle too. Great snaps, Ellen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to keep watching to see how the hell they all made it on there, but my bus came too soon.

    ReplyDelete