Sunday, January 29, 2012

Dickstock 2012

Last week over a few beers, my buddy Max invited me to Lamma for Dickstock 2012 - a live music festival held in some guy named Richard's (hence the name) backyard every year. Food, beer, live music - I'm in. So last night we took the ferry over there and listened to great music, ate sausage on a stick, and drank our weight in Tsingtao.

My favorite band of the night, the Yung Shue Wan Curs:




And me with the handsome husband.


There's something surreal about listening to old Hank Williams songs during Chinese New Year with about a hundred other people in some guy's backyard on an island in Hong Kong while juggling a beer, a camera, and a sausage on a stick. Surreal and awesome. If you're around for it and wrangle an invite, make it a point to head to Dickstock 2013. If for the sausage alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment