Tuesday, October 27, 2009

When life gives you purple potatoes...

Last night Kelly decided he would cook dinner. This is bad because (1) he doesn't know how to cook, and (2) when he does decide to cook, he bases his dish on ingredients that he thinks are "cool." So last night's dinner was mashed Japanese purple sweet potatoes. He made these by microwaving the hell out of them, then smooshing them around a bowl with a lot of butter and some milk. I choked some down, but needless to say we had tons of leftovers. So with my mad culinary skills (and the addition of some secret ingredients), I used those leftovers for dinner tonight. Please allow me to present purple sweet potato croquettes and sauteed greens with hot peppers and garlic:

And that, my friends, is how it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment